Friday, April 13, 2012

Blog #1

This class has opened up several ideas that I have never thought of to use in the classroom.  Most of the technological websites that we have had to use I have never heard of and did not really understand what they do or how to use them.  I think this class has been a great learning experience for how to expand the student's minds and how they think along with making them more tech savvy.
I think it is very important for students to learn things apart from just the traditional way of teaching through lecture.  I believe that this teaching through technology is so important because most jobs that our students are going to have, have not even been created yet.  This also means that most of their jobs will have to do with technology that has not even been created yet.  Even though that kind of technology has not even been created yet, we still need to familiarize these students with the technology that we have today and that will help prepare them for the future.
There are always going to be obstacles that prevent technology from being used in classrooms.  Some teachers are just too "old" school to allow it, some technology does not have all of the kinks and wrinkles worked out yet making it difficult for students to use, some students may not be able to afford these different technological tools but regardless technology should be implemented to an extent.  I think many of the "old" school ways of teaching are spot on and need not be cast out of the classrooms, but I also believe that there is a time and a place where technology should be used and these more traditional teachers need to start on that immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment