Technology in the Classroom:
This whole semester we have talked about how to incorporate technology in the classroom. In all aspects I think it is a good idea to have technology in the classroom. With technology advancing it is good to have technology in the classroom. I visited a classroom not to long ago with programs that helped them make timelines for the history class. They used little laptops and it is good to have that because like we have talked about in class so many times we need to be preparing them for what is not even out there in the job field. If you think about it 2 year old's already know how to use I-pads and so on and if they already know that then we really need to be incorporating it into the classroom. It is a crucial fact for it to be in the classroom, and as teachers we may struggle with this but with times changing and kids being so well-known with technology it is crucial to have this in our classroom.
On the other hand though I do not believe in online sessions. I know with technology changing we need to be more adapt to this kind of stuff. As a teacher though, and now being a part of it I do not agree with it. As teachers we are supposed to teach. Online aspects are, I feel, busy work in a since. Its almost like teachers don't really have a say in what the student does minus here is a list that you need to complete by a certain date. I know Mrs. Kipp has been a teacher for online sessions and says she knows her students better then face to face students. As teachers though we should strive for that in the classroom and if we aren't doing that then what are we doing? Online sessions scare me as well, because if every student goes and takes online courses what is the need for teachers? Face to face sessions I get so much more out of because I learn in that environment, and I understand not everyone is like me but that's why we have alternative schools. We to dig into kids life's and not just hand them busy work that they have to figure out by themselves from someone they don't know at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment